Did you *really* wanna to dig into code just in order to switch a default communication algorithm?

Note there are several ways to set the parameters; --mca on command line is just one of them (suitable for quick online tests).

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=tuning#setting-mca-params

We 'tune' our Open MPI by setting environment variables....

Best
Paul Kapinos