On Jan 7, 2013, at 4:28 AM, Yoshiki SATO <yosh...@ci.i.u-tokyo.ac.jp> wrote:

> The MPI Java binding being developed on the 1.7 pre-release.  Is it possible
> to merge it with 1.5 or 1.6 releases?

Unfortunately, no.  1.6 is a "stable" series, meaning that no new features are
added.

Someone could do the work manually, but also know that we have updated the
build system between Open MPI 1.6 and 1.7 such that you'd probably need to
integrate it differently in 1.6 than it is in 1.7.

Also, be aware that we're considering wholly revamping those Java bindings.

I'm just returning to work today from the winter vacation, so there's probably
some mails about this I haven't seen yet, but there are some wonky bugs that
have been found with respect to these Java bindings.  My $0.02 is that these
current bindings are actually trying to be more of a class library than
more-or-less 1:1 bindings to the official MPI C bindings.  One option that has
been lightly discussed is revamping these Java APIs to be much closer in spirit
to the MPI C bindings.  So we'll see where this goes.

For corporate legal information go to: