I built the current 1.6 branch (which hasn't seen any changes that would impact
this function) and was able to execute it just fine on a single socket machine.
I then gave it your slot-list, which of course failed as I don't have two
active sockets (one is empty), but it appeared to parse the list just fine.

>From what I can tell, it looks like your linpc1 is unable to detect a second
>socket for some reason when given the slot_list argument. I'll have to try
>again tomorrow when I have access to a dual-socket machine.