To add to what Reuti said, if you enable PBS support in Open MPI, when users
"mpirun ..." in a PBS job, Open MPI will automatically use the PBS native
launching mechanism, which won't let you run outside of the servers allocated
to that job.

Concrete example: if you qsub a job and are allocated node A, B, and C, but
then try to run with "mpirun --host D,E,F ...", you'll get an error.

That being said -- keep in mind what Reuti said: if users are allowed to ssh
between nodes that are not allocated to them, then they can always bypass this
behavior and use just Open MPI's ssh support to launch on nodes D, E, F (etc.).