On Feb 21, 2013, at 10:59 AM, Damien Hocking <dam...@khubla.com> wrote:

> Well this is interesting.  The linker can't find that because
> MPI::Datatype::Free isn't implemented on the Windows build (in
> datatype_inln.h).  It's declared in datatype.h though.  It's not there in the
> Linux version either, so I don't know where the Linux build is getting that
> symbol from, that link should fail too.  Is the C++ version of OpenMPI
> actually broken overall?

It's implemented in Datatype.cc.  I'm don't remember offhand why we didn't put
it in the inline versions.  But it's definitely in the generated libmpi_cxx.so:

------
% nm -C libmpi_cxx.so | grep MPI::Datatype::Free
0000000000016ed8 T MPI::Datatype::Free()
%
-----

For corporate legal information go to: