Hi Jeff and Reuti, thank you for your responds.

"ldd hello_cxx" gave me some clue, and I found it was linked to some mpich
library which was installed under/usr/lib64. When I removed mpich
libraries, and recompile, everything includes mpicc and mpirun worked fine.

I didn't have that problem with eariler openmpi versions like 1.6.x and
1.5.x. I would like to keep mpich libraries on the system, is there any
confiure option I can use to make 1.6.4 library link the same as 1.6.3?

Thanks again!
Limin