Am 22.03.2013 um 10:14 schrieb Syed Ahsan Ali:

> I have a very basic question. If we want to run mpirun job on two systems
> which are not part of cluster, then how we can make it possible. Can the host
> be specifiend on mpirun which is not compute node, rather a stand alone
> system.

Sure, the machines can be specified as argument to `mpiexec`. But do you want
to run applications just between these two machines, or should they participate
on a larger parallel job with machines of the cluster: then a direct network
connection between outside and inside of the cluster is necessary by some kind
of forwarding in case these are separated networks.

Also the paths to the started binaries may be different, in case the two
machines are not sharing the same /home with the cluster and this needs to be
honored.

In case you are using a queuing system and want to route jobs to outside
machines of the set up cluster: it's necessary to negotiate with the admin to
allow jobs being scheduled thereto.

-- Reuti