This seems to highlight a possible bug in the MPI implementation. As I
suggested earlier, the credit management of the OpenIB might be unsafe.

To confirm this one last test to run. Let's prevent the OpenIB support from
being used during the run (thus Open MPI will fall back to TCP). I suppose you
should have ethernet cards in your cluster or you have IBoIP. Add "--mca btl
^openib" to your mpirun command. If this allows your application to run to
completion then we know exactly where to start looking.

  George.