Open MPI may have get confused if you end up having different receive queue
specifications in your IB setup (in the "openib" Byte Transfer Layer (BTL)
plugin that is used for point-to-point MPI communication transport in OMPI).

If Open MPI doesn't work out of the box for you in a job that utilizes both QDR
and FDR, you may need to override some defaults so that all receives queues are
the same in both QDR-enabled nodes and FDR-enabled nodes.