On Jul 8, 2013, at 2:01 PM, Brice Goglin <brice.gog...@inria.fr> wrote:

> The driver doesn't allocate much memory here. Maybe some small control
> buffers, but nothing significantly involved in large message transfer
> performance. Everything critical here is allocated by user-space (either MPI
> lib or application), so we just have to make sure we bind the process memory
> properly. I used hwloc-bind to do that.

+1

Remember that the point of IB and other operating-system bypass devices is that
the driver is not involved in the fast path of sending / receiving.  One of the
side-effects of that design point is that userspace does all the allocation of
send / receive buffers.

For corporate legal information go to: