Not offhand.  The error you're seeing *typically* indicates that you've got a
mismatch of OMPI version somewhere.  Are you running on multiple machines with
different Open MPI versions, perchance?

If you're running only on a single machine, try completely uninstalling the
Open MPI package, re-installing it, recompiling your trivial app, and see what
happens.

Also, you might want to check the output of "mpicc yourapp.c --showme" and see
if it's pointing to the right libraries, etc.