Le 18/08/2013 14:51, Siddhartha Jana a écrit :

>     If all the above works and does not return errors (you should
>     check that
>     your application's PID is in /dev/cpuset/socket0/tasks while running),
>     bind-to-core won't clash with it, at least when using a OMPI that uses
>     hwloc for binding (v1.5.2 or later if I remember correctly).
>
> My concern is that hwloc is used before the application begins
> executing and so mpirun might use it to bind the application to
> different cores than the ones I want them to bind to.

Ah right, they could be a problem here. MPI can bind at two different
times: inside mpirun after ssh before running the actual program (this
one would ignore your cpuset), later at MPI_Init inside your program
(this one will ignore your cpuset only if you call MPI_Init before
creating the cpuset).

I'll let OMPI people give more details about this.

Brice