Just kindly reminder: this bug seem still to exist in 1.7.3 :-/

On 08/20/13 22:15, Ralph Castain wrote:
On Aug 20, 2013, at 12:40 PM, RoboBeans <robobe...@gmail.com
<mailto:robobe...@gmail.com>> wrote:

I can confirm that mpi program still hangs if one uses these options while
configuring openmpi-1.7.2

--enable-event-thread-support --enable-opal-multi-threads
--enable-orte-progress-threads --enable-mpi-thread-multiple

*cd /opt**
**gunzip -c openmpi-1.7.2.tar.gz | tar xf -**
**cd openmpi-1.7.2**
**./configure --with-openib=/usr --with-psm=/usr --prefix=/opt/openmpi-1.7.2
--enable-event-thread-support --enable-opal-multi-threads
--enable-orte-progress-threads --enable-mpi-thread-multiple**
**make all install**
**cd ..**
**chmod -R 775 openmpi-1.7.2**
**ldconfig*

Yep, sure will

Is there any plan to support multiple threads any time soon?

Not in the immediate future, but hopefully not too far into infinity - however,
we should fix the hang in the near future, at least

*$ uname -r*

2.6.32-358.14.1.el6.x86_64

Thanks!