From: users [mailto:users-boun...@open-mpi.org] On Behalf Of Ralph Castain
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 6:50 PM
To: Open MPI Users
Subject: EXTERNAL: Re: [OMPI users] What's the status of OpenMPI and thread
safety?

This was, in fact, a primary point of discussion at last week's OMPI
developer's conference. Bottom line is that we are only a little further along
than we used to be, but are focusing on improving it. You'll find good thread
support for some transports (some of the MTLs and at least the TCP BTL), not so
good for others (e.g., openib is flat-out not thread safe).

On Dec 18, 2013, at 3:57 PM, Blosch, Edwin L