Bernd Dammann wrote:
Using the workaround '--bind-to-core' does only make sense for those jobs, that allocate full nodes, but the majority of our jobs don't do that.
Why ?
We still use this option in OpenMPI (1.6.x, 1.7.x) with OpenFOAM and other applications to attach each process on its core because sometimes linux move processes and 2 process can run on the same core, slowing the application. Even if we do not use full nodes. '--bind-to-core' is only not applicable if you mix OpenMP and MPI as all your threads will be binded to the same core but I do not remember that OpenFOAM does this yet.

Patrick

|  Equipe M.O.S.T.         |                                      |
|  Patrick BEGOU           | mailto:patrick.be...@grenoble-inp.fr |
|  LEGI                    |                                      |
|  BP 53 X                 | Tel 04 76 82 51 35                   |
|  38041 GRENOBLE CEDEX    | Fax 04 76 82 52 71                   |