On Apr 1, 2014, at 12:13 PM, Filippo Spiga <spiga.fili...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Ralph, Dear Jeff,
>
> I've just recompiled the latest Open MPI 1.8. I added
> "--enable-mca-no-build=btl-usnic" to configure but the message still appear.
> Here the output of "--mca btl_base_verbose 100" (trunked immediately after
> the application starts)

Jeff's on vacation, so I'll see if I can help here.

Try deleting all the files in "$PREFIX/lib/openmpi/", where "$PREFIX" is the
value you passed to configure with "--prefix=".  If you did not pass a value,
then it is "/usr/local".  Then reinstall (with "make install" in the OMPI build
tree).

What I think is happening is that you still have an "mca_btl_usnic.so" file
leftover from the last time you installed OMPI (before passing
"--enable-mca-no-build=btl-usnic").  So OMPI is using this shared library and
you get exactly the same problem.

-Dave