Unfortunately, each execution of mpirun has no knowledge of where the procs
have been placed and bound by another execution of mpirun. So what is
happening is that the procs of the two jobs are being bound to the same
cores, thus causing contention.

If you truly want to run two jobs at the same time on the same nodes, then
you should add "--bind-to none" on the cmd line. Each job will see a
performance impact relative to running bound on their own, but the jobs
will run much better if they are sharing nodes.

Ralph