I am trying to build Open MPI SVN trunk on NERSC Babbage with PBS
support.  configure completes without error but the build fails
because libcrypto.so is missing.

I consider it a desirable property that configure detect all the
necessary dependencies for a build to complete, rather than defer
errors to the compilation phase.

I will file a Trac ticket as soon as my account is reset (in-progress).

Making all in mca/plm/tm
make[2]: Entering directory
`/chos/global/u1/j/jhammond/MPI/ompi-trunk/build-intel/orte/mca/plm/tm'
  CC       plm_tm_component.lo
  CC       plm_tm_module.lo
  CCLD     mca_plm_tm.la
ld: cannot find -lcrypto
make[2]: *** [mca_plm_tm.la] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/chos/global/u1/j/jhammond/MPI/ompi-trunk/build-intel/orte/mca/plm/tm'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/chos/global/u1/j/jhammond/MPI/ompi-trunk/build-intel/orte'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Thanks,

Jeff

--