On 10/21/2014 05:38 PM, Gus Correa wrote:
> Hi Bill
>
> I have 2.6.X CentOS stock kernel.

Heh, wow, quite a blast from the past.

> I set both parameters.
> It works.

Yes, for kernels that old I had it working fine.

> Maybe the parameter names may changed in 3.X kernels?
> (Which is really bad ...)
> You could check if there is more information in:
> /sys/module/mlx4_core/parameters/

$  ls /sys/module/mlx4_core/parameters/
debug_level         log_mtts_per_seg        msi_x            use_prio
enable_64b_cqe_eqe  log_num_mac             num_vfs
enable_qos          log_num_mgm_entry_size  port_type_array
internal_err_reset  log_num_vlan            probe_vf
$

As expected there's a log_mtts_per_seg, but no log_num_mtt or num_mtt.

> There seems to be a thread on the list about this (but apparently
> no solution):
> http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2013/02/21430.php
>
> Maybe Mellanox has more information about this?

I'm all ears.  No idea what was behind the change to eliminate what
sound like fairly important parameters in mlx4_core.