"Jeff Squyres (jsquyres)" <jsquy...@cisco.com> writes:

> Yes, this is a correct report.
>
> In short, the MPI_SIZEOF situation before the upcoming 1.8.4 was a bit
> of a mess; it actually triggered a bunch of discussion up in the MPI
> Forum Fortran working group (because the design of MPI_SIZEOF actually
> has some unintended consequences that came to light when another OMPI
> user noted the same thing you did a few months ago).
>
> Can you download a 1.8.4 nightly tarball (or the rc) and see if
> MPI_SIZEOF is working for you there?

Is the issue documented publicly?  I'm puzzled, because it certainly
works in a simple case:

  $ cat x.f90
  use mpi
  integer size, ierror
  double precision d
  call mpi_sizeof (size, size, ierror)
  print *, size
  call mpi_sizeof (d, size, ierror)
  print *, size
  end
  $ mpif90 --showme:version
  mpif90: Open MPI 1.8.3 (Language: Fortran)
  $ mpif90 --showme:command
  gfortran
  $ mpif90 x.f90 && ./a.out
             4
             8

The missing routine is in the library for me:

  $ nm -D $MPI_LIB/libmpi_usempi.so | grep mpi_sizeof0di4_
  0000000000001cf0 T mpi_sizeof0di4_

I don't understand how it can work generally with mpif.h (f77?), as
implied by the man page, rather than the module.