Dear support,

I'm encountering an issue with the MPI_Neighbor_alltoallw request of
mpi-1.8.3.
I have enclosed a test case with information of my workstation.

In this test, I define a weighted topology for 5 processes, where the
weight represent the number of buffers to send/receive :
    rank
      0 : | x |
      1 : | 2 | x |
      2 : | 1 | 1 | x |
      3 : | 3 | 2 | 3 | x |
      4 : | 5 | 2 | 2 | 2 | x |

In this topology, the rank 1 will send/receive :
   2 buffers to/from the rank 0,
   1 buffer to/from the rank 2,
   2 buffers to/from the rank 3,
   2 buffers to/from the rank 4,

The send buffer are defined with the MPI_Type_create_hindexed_block. This
allows to use a same buffer for several communications without duplicating
it (read only).
Here the rank 1 will have 2 send buffers (the max of 2, 1, 2, 2).
The receiver buffer is a contiguous buffer defined with MPI_Type_contiguous
request.
Here, the receiver buffer of the rank 1 is of size : 7 (2+1+2+2)

This test case succesful for 2 or 3 processes. For 4 processes, the test
fails 1 times for 3 successes. For 5 processes, the test fails all the time.

The error code is : *** MPI_ERR_IN_STATUS: error code in status

I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

Could you please have a look on it?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Ghislain Viguier