Hi OpenMPI Users,

I am trying to build OpenMPI libraries using standard configuration and
compile procedure. It is just the one thing that I want to install all in a
user specified path like following:

OMPI_DIR is something like $HOME/Shared_Build/openmpi-1.8.3

[OMPI_DIR] $ ./configure --prefix=$PWD/linux_x64

It all went successfully and it installed all in the path above.

I then moved the linux_x64 folder to location $HOME/mpi/openmpi/1.8.3. Now
the path of installation is $HOME/mpi/openmpi/1.8.3/linux_x64

I added PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH as below:

export PATH=$HOME/mpi/openmpi/1.8.3/linux_x64/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/mpi/openmpi/1.8.3/linux_x64/lib

which when using mpic++ command gives following:

Cannot open configuration file
/home/manoj//linux_x64/share/openmpi/mpic++-wrapper-data.txt
Error parsing data file mpic++: Not found

This shows the OLD installation path for which --prefix was specified. Now
the installation folder moved to NEW path. But still searches the same OLD
location.

I searched on the web, but with that info (./configure --with-devel-headers
--enable-binaries did not work and gave the same issue)

This question may be a repeat but please experts guide me. I also will need
to copy linux_x64 folder to other similar machine from which these
libraries can be used to compile and run application without compiling the
whole source code.

Thanks.

--
regards,