Have you tried it?

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa

On 01/08/2015 04:36 PM, Friedley, Andrew wrote:
Hi Mike,

Have you contacted your admins, or the vendor that provided your True
Scale and/or PSM installation? E.g. Redhat, or Intel via
ibsupp...@intel.com <mailto:ibsupp...@intel.com>?  They are normally the
recommended path for True Scale support.

That said, here’s some things to look into:

I think it’s strange that you’re hitting PSM linker problems while
compiling an app with Open MPI.  Normally only the PSM MTL is linked
directly against PSM.  Try verifying that nothing else is linking in
PSM. Also, it’s possible your OMPI build is different from normal too.

PSM has optional KNEM support that can be compiled in, but it’s off by
default and I’ve never heard of it being used.  It’s possible that your
PSM was changed or recompiled and part of your cluster upgrade, and the
installation isn’t quite right.  It looks like your PSM was compiled
with KNEM support, but the KNEM library isn’t being linked in or is not
being found.

Andrew

*From:* users [mailto:users-boun...@open-mpi.org] *On Behalf Of
*VanEss.Michael
*Sent:* Thursday, January 8, 2015 1:07 PM
*To:* us...@open-mpi.org
*Subject:* [OMPI users] libpsm_infinipath issues?

Hello all,

Our clusters were just upgraded to both a new version of PGI (14.9) as
well as openmpi (1.8.3).  Previous versions were 12.1 and 1.6
respectively, and those compiled and linked just fine.  The newest
versions are not linking my mpi applications at all.  Here’s the problem:

/opt/scyld/openmpi/1.8.3/pgi/bin/mpif90 -C chemcode_mpi.o mod_mpichem.o
plume_mpi.o amb2D_mpi.o fex.o jex.o use_tuv.o run_lsode.o mod_amb.o
utmgeo.o lsode.o newamb.o plume.o amb2D.o solve.o mod_cdf.o calc_rates.o
mod_tuv.o flux.o amb1D.o amb_com.o newamb2D.o vs_ccode.o ck_errors.o
newamb1D.o doChem.o mod_lsode.o stode.o plume_com.o typeSizes.o netcdf.o
mod_parameters.o mod_chem.o runfile.o com_codes.o mod_SLAM.o mod_CPUFF.o
calc_za.o mod_releases.o mod_site.o mod_distance.o nuclear_dates.o
mod_luparms.o deposition.o diffusion.o getTJ.o mod_met.o met_data.o
mod_h5tuv.o tuv10.o mod_h5camx.o cmxamb.o \

         -L/ensco/apps/cm/CMSOL/linux/zlib-1.2.1/lib
-L/ensco/apps/cm/CMSOL/linux/szip-2.1/lib -o \

         chemcode_mpi  -L/opt/pgi/linux86-64/14.9/lib -lpgf90 -lpgf90rtl \

         -L/ensco/apps/cm/CMSOL/linux/hdf5-1.8.3/lib -lhdf5_fortran -l
hdf5 -lz -lm

/usr/lib64/libpsm_infinipath.so.1: undefined reference to `knem_put'

/usr/lib64/libpsm_infinipath.so.1: undefined reference to `knem_open_device'

/usr/lib64/libpsm_infinipath.so.1: undefined reference to `knem_get'

/usr/lib64/libpsm_infinipath.so.1: undefined reference to
`knem_register_region'

I’ve searched the net for any information on this and nothing has seemed
to help.  I’m fairly confident that all my variables and paths to the
new software is correct.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Mike

The information contained in this email message is intended only for the
use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain
information that is privileged and sensitive. If you are not the
intended recipient, or otherwise have received this communication in
error, please notify the sender immediately by email at the above
referenced address and note that any further dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

The U.S. Export Control Laws regulate the export and re-export of
technology originating in the United States. This includes the
electronic transmission of information and software to foreign countries
and to certain foreign nationals. Recipient agrees to abide by these
laws and their regulations -- including the U.S. Department of Commerce
Export Administration Regulations and the U.S. Department of State
International Traffic in Arms Regulations -- and not to transfer, by
electronic transmission or otherwise, any content derived from this
email to either a foreign national or a foreign destination in violation
of such laws.