Gilles,
The issue you pointed Ryan to was with GCC 4.8.2 not 4.9.2. I just built version 1.8.4 on a RHEL6 machine yesterday without special switches but with GCC 4.9.2.
                    Ray

On 1/14/2015 11:13 AM, Novosielski, Ryan wrote:
Thank you. I did a search, but somehow did not turn that up. I guess I had looked for GCC 4.9.

____ *Note: UMDNJ is now Rutgers-Biomedical and Health Sciences*
||_// Biomedical | Ryan Novosielski - Senior Technologist
|| \\ and Health | novos...@rutgers.edu <mailto:novos...@rutgers.edu>- 973/972.0922 (2x0922)
||  \\  Sciences | OIRT/High Perf & Res Comp - MSB C630, Newark
    `'