I have installed OpenMPI 1.6.5 under cygwin. When trying test example

$mpirun hello

or, e.g., more complex examples from scalapack, such as

$mpirun -np 4 xslu

everything works fine when there is an internet connection. However, when
the cable is disconnected, mpirun hangs without any error message. With -d
option the output stops before the line

[my_computer...] [[3169,1],0] node[0].name my_computer... daemon0

which is included in the output when the internet is on.

The firewall is turned off.
I tried also to add options: -host localhost, -mca btl self, --mca
btl_tcp_if_include “127.0.0.1/8” and their combinations, but nothing has
changed.

Thank you in advance for advice.

Klara Hornisova