I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you are saying, so let's see if I
can clarify. You have two fortran MPI programs. You start one using
"mpiexec". You then start the other one as a singleton - i.e., you just run
"myapp" without using mpiexec. The two apps are attempting to execute an
MPI_Connect/accept so they can "join".

Is that correct? You mention MPICH in your statement about one of the procs
- are you using MPICH or Open MPI? If the latter, which version are you
using?

Ralph