Hi,

I have configured with "--with-cma" on 2 differents OS (RedHat 6.6 and OpenSuse 12.3), but in both case, I have the following error when launching a simple mpi_hello_world.c example:

/opt/openmpi-1.8.4_cma/bin/mpiexec --mca btl_sm_use_cma 1 -np 2 /tmp/hw
WARNING: Linux kernel CMA support was requested via the
btl_vader_single_copy_mechanism MCA variable, but CMA support is
not available due to restrictive ptrace settings.

The vader shared memory BTL will fall back on another single-copy
mechanism if one is available. This may result in lower performance.

  Local host: compile
Hello world from process 0 of 2
Hello world from process 1 of 2
[compile:23874] 1 more process has sent help message help-btl-vader.txt / cma-permission-denied [compile:23874] Set MCA parameter "orte_base_help_aggregate" to 0 to see all help / error messages

After I googled the subject, it seems there is a kernel parameter to modify, but I can't find it for OpenSuse 12.3 or RedHat 6.6...

Here is the "config.log" issued from RedHat 6.6...

http://www.giref.ulaval.ca/~ericc/ompi_bug/config.184_cma.gz

Thanks,

Eric