Hello All,

I am using OpenMPI 1.8.4 on my workstation with 2 CPUs, each with 12
processors (6 with hyper-threading). When I run simulations using mpiexec,
I'm noticing a strange performance issue. If I run two simulations, each
with 6 processors, then everything is fine and 12 processors are under 100%
load. When I start a 3rd simulation with 6 processors, I notice throttling
in all 3 simulations and only 12 processors are at 100%, the rest are below
10%. My guess is that somehow the processes from the 3rd simulations are
doubling onto the already busy processors. How can I be certain that this
is the case?

Thanks,
namu