Hello All,

I had a user report that orte-clean is hanging on him with Open MPI 1.8.5. Here are the steps I used to reproduce what he reported:

%> which orte-clean
/usr/projects/hpcsoft/toss2/moonlight/openmpi/1.6.5-gcc-4.4/bin/orte-clean
%> mpirun -n 1 /usr/projects/hpcsoft/toss2/moonlight/openmpi/1.6.5-gcc-4.4/bin/orte-clean
Reported: 1 (out of 1) daemons - 1 (out of 1) procs
[hangs]

I have found that the same behavior does not happen using 1.6.5. That is, I get a command prompt after running orte-clean.

Is this behavior expected? I am not familiar with orte-clean, so I am not sure if it hanging when used in this fashion is an actual problem with orte-clean. If it is unexpected behavior, I'll dig some more.

Thank you very much for your time,
David

--
David Shrader