From: users [mailto:users-boun...@open-mpi.org] On Behalf Of abhisek Mondal
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2015 10:00 AM
To: Open MPI Users
Subject: [OMPI users] pbs vs openmpi node allocation

Hi,

  I'm using openmpi-1.6.4 to distribute a jobs in 2 different nodes using this
command:
"mpirun --hostfile myhostfile -np 10 nwchem my_code.nw"
Here, "myhostfile" contains:
cx0937 slots=5
cx0934 slots=5

But as I have to submit the jobs using .pbs script, I'm wondering in this case,
how "mpirun" going to choose the node (free node allocation is done by pbs)
from "myhostfile".
I mean, does it happen that until the specific-nodes (as mentioned in
myhostfile) become free "mpirun" is going to wait and then start ?
How can I forward the allocated node name(by pbs) to mpirun command ?

A little light on this matter would be really great.

Thank you.

--
Abhisek Mondal
Research Fellow