I will look at your test case and see what is going on in ompio. That being said, the vast number of fixes and improvements that went into ompio over the last two years were not back ported to the 1.8 (and thus 1.10) series, since it would have required changes to the interfaces of the frameworks involved (and thus would have violated one of rules of Open MPI release series) . Anyway, if there is a simple fix for your test case for the 1.10 series, I am happy to provide a patch. It might take me a day or two however.

Edgar