On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 4:37 PM, Jeff Hammond <jeff.scie...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Try using the same LDFLAGS for PGI. I think you got exactly what you
> asked for from PGI when you used -Bstatic_pgi.
>
> I'm not sure what value there is to having mpirun be a static binary,
> other than enabling users to be ignorant of how LD_LIBRARY_PATH works and

wasting space in your filesystem. You should instead consider rpath.

Jeff,

I found one excuse. On a desktop of mine I build Open MPI with gfortran,
PGI, and Intel. It turns out if I built Intel Fortran + Open MPI with
--enable-shared, it would not compile ESMF correctly. I'm going to try and
revisit it next week because I want Intel OpenMPI as shared so I can easily
use Allinea MAP.

I'll try and make a good report for you/ESMF.

--
Matt Thompson

Man Among Men
Fulcrum of History