Sebastian,

thanks for the info.

bottom line, the global lock is in the OpenMPI glue for ROMIO.

i will check what kind of locking (if any) is done in mpich

Cheers,

Gilles

On 3/24/2016 11:30 PM, Sebastian Rettenberger wrote:
Hi,

I tested this on my desktop machine. Thus, one node, two tasks.
It deadlock appears on the local file system and on the nfs mount.

The MPICH version I tested was 3.2.

However, as far as I know, locking is part of the MPI library and not ROMIO.

Best regards,
Sebastian