> On 05 Apr 2016, at 16:46 , Aurélien Bouteiller <boute...@icl.utk.edu> wrote:
> Open MPI uses clock_gettime when it is available, and defaults to
> gettimeofday only when this better option can't be found. Check that your
> system has clock_gettime and the resolution of this timer.

Depending on what you mean, I don't this is universally true, as I recently ran
into this issue in another part of the code.
AFAIK, some parts of the code have a macro that check for clock_gettime and use
it, but in other places there is just direct usage of gettimeofday.

If you commented on MPI_Wtime specifically, then I don't know :-)

Mark