Hi Gus

Thanks for your suggestion. But I am not using any resource manager (i.e. I
am launching mpirun from the bash shell.). In fact, both of the two
clusters I talked about run CentOS 7 and I launch the job the same way on
both of these, yet one of them creates standard core files and the other
creates the 'btr; files. Strange thing is, I could not find anything on the
.btr (= Backtrace?) files on Google, which is any I asked on this forum.

Best regards
Durga

The surgeon general advises you to eat right, exercise regularly and quit
ageing.