Hello,

Say I don't have access to a actual cluster, yet I'm considering cloud
compute solutions for my MPI program ultimately, but such a cost may be
highly prohibitive at the moment.
In terms of middle ground, if I am interesting in compute only, no storage,
what are possible hardware solutions out there to deploy my MPI program?
By no storage, I mean that my control linux box running the frontend of the
program, but is also part of the mpi communicator always gathers all
results and stores them locally.
At the moment, I have a second box over ethernet.

I am looking at something like Intel Compute Stick (is it possible at all
to buy a few, is linux running on them, the arch seems to be the same
x86-64, is there a possible setup with tcp for those and have openmpi over
tcp)?

Is it more cost-effective to look at extra regular linux commodity boxes?
If a no hard drive box is possible, can the executables of my MPI program
sendable over the wire before running them?

If we exclude GPU or other nonMPI solutions, and cost being a primary
factor, what is progression path from 2boxes to a cloud based solution
(amazon and the like...)

Regards,
MM