Linux should not put more than one thread on a core if there are free
cores.  Depending on cache/bandwidth needs, it may or may not be better to
colocate on the same socket.

KMP_AFFINITY will pin the OpenMP threads.  This is often important for MKL
performance.  See https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/522691 for details.

Jeff