On Jun 22, 2016, at 1:33 PM, Eric Chamberland
<eric.chamberl...@giref.ulaval.ca> wrote:

> I would like to do compile+test our code each night with the "latest" openmpi
> v2 release (or nightly if enough stable).

Cool!

> Just to ease the process, I would like to "wget" the latest archive with a
> "permanent" link...
>
> Is it feasible for you to just put a symlink or something like it so I can
> "wget" it each night?

We have a similar mechanism already (that is used by the Open MPI community for
nightly regression testing), but with the advantage that it will give you a
unique download filename (vs. "openmpi-v2.x-latest.bz2" every night).  Do this:

wget https://www.open-mpi.org/nightly/v2.x/latest_snapshot.txt
wget https://www.open-mpi.org/nightly/v2.x/openmpi-`cat
latest_snapshot.txt`.tar.bz2

The nightly snapshots are created each night starting around 9pm US Eastern.
New snapshots are created if there were commits to the tree that day.

Does that help?

For corporate legal information go to: