Unfortunately, the Open MPI code base is quite large, and changes over time.

There really is no overall diagram describing the entire code base, sorry.  The
OPAL-level doxygen docs are probably the best you'll get, but they're really
only the utility classes in the portability layer.  They don't really include
the message passing stuff, nor much (anything?) in the ORTE or OMPI layers.  :-\