I’m pruning this email thread so I can actually read the blasted thing :-)

Guys: you are off in the wilderness chasing ghosts! Please stop.

When I say that Torque uses an “ordered” file, I am _not_ saying that all the
host entries of the same name have to be listed consecutively. I am saying that
the _position_ of each entry has meaning, and you cannot just change it.

I have honestly totally lost the root of this discussion in all the white noise
about the PBS_NODEFILE. Can we reboot?
Ralph