We did have some kind of stdout/stderr truncation issue a little while ago, but
I don't remember what version it specifically affected.

I would definitely update to at least Open MPI 1.10.4 (lots of bug fixes since
1.10.0).  Better would be to update to Open MPI 2.0.1 -- that's the current
generation and where all of our work is going these days.

> On Oct 5, 2016, at 9:23 AM, Emre Brookes <e...@biochem.uthscsa.edu> wrote:
>
> $ cat /etc/redhat-release
> CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)
>
> $ yum list installed | grep openmpi
> openmpi.x86_64                     1.10.0-10.el7               @base
> openmpi-devel.x86_64               1.10.0-10.el7               @base
>
> (1) When I run
> $ mpirun -H myhosts -np myprocs executable
> the job runs fine and outputs correctly to stdout
>
> (2) When I run
> $ mpirun -H myhosts -np myprocs executable > stdout.log
> The stdout.log file prematurely ends (without full output)
> ... but the mpi executable itself seems to keep running forever until
> manually terminated will a "kill".
>
> (3) When I run
> $ mpirun -H myhosts -np myprocs executable | cat > stdout.log
> the job runs fine and outputs correctly to the stdout.log file
>
> I tried playing with a 'stdbuf' prefix to the command, but this didn't seem
> to help
> I would like (2) to work, but have resorted to (3).
>
> I tried digging around in the parameters after seeing
> https://github.com/open-mpi/ompi/issues/341
> and thinking it might be something similar, but didn't see any poll or epoll
> in .conf
> I am hesitant to try to compile from scratch and get away from the repo
> release cycle.
>
> Is this a known bug?
> If so, and if it has been fixed, would you recommend I install the latest
> stable rpm of 1.10.4-1 from https://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.10/ ?
>
> Thanks,
> Emre

For corporate legal information go to: