Jeff,

Thanks for looking at this. I know it isn't specific to Open-MPI, but it is a frustrating issue vis-a-vis MPI and Fortran. There are many very large MPI applications around the world written in Fortran that could benefit greatly from this MPI-3 capability. My own background is in numerical weather prediction, and I know it would be welcome in that community. Someone knowledgeable in both C and Fortran should be able to get to bottom of it.

T. Rosmond