What does "ompi_info | grep openib" show?

Additionally, Mellanox provides alternate support through their MXM libraries,
if you want to try that.

If that shows that you have the openib BTL plugin loaded, try running with
"mpirun --mca btl_base_verbose 100 ..."  That will provide additional output
about why / why not each point-to-point plugin is chosen.

> On Oct 30, 2016, at 10:35 PM, Sergei Hrushev <hrus...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Gilles!
>

> is there any reason why you configure with --with-verbs-libdir=/usr/lib ?
> as far as i understand, --with-verbs should be enough, and /usr/lib
> nor /usr/local/lib should ever be used in the configure command line
> (and btw, are you running on a 32 bits system ? should the 64 bits
> libs be in /usr/lib64 ?)
>
> I'm on Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 and it has /usr/lib and /usr/lib32.
> As I understand /usr/lib is assumed to be /usr/lib64.
> So the library path is correct.
>

> make sure you
> ulimit -l unlimited
> before you invoke mpirun, and this value is correctly propagated to
> the remote nodes
> /* the failure could be a side effect of a low ulimit -l */
>
> Yes, ulimit -l returns "unlimited".
> So this is also correct.
>
> Best regards,
> Sergei.