Mahesh,

Depending what you are trying to accomplish, might using the mpirun option

-pernode  -o-  --pernode

work for you?  That requests that only one process be spawned per
available node.

We generally use this for hybrid codes, where the single process will
spawn threads to the remaining processors.

Just a thought,   -- bennet

>>> root@10.74.25.1:1