> On Nov 23, 2016, at 3:02 PM, George Bosilca <bosi...@icl.utk.edu> wrote:
>
> Noam,
>
> I do not recall exactly which version of Open MPI was affected, but we had
> some issues with the non-reentrancy of our memory allocator. More recent
> versions (1.10 and 2.0) will not have this issue. Can you update to a newer
> version of Open MPI (1.10 or maybe 2.0) and see if you can reproduce it?

Interesting.  I just tried 2.0.1 and it does seems to have fixed the problem,
although it’s so far from deterministic that I can’t say this will full
confidence yet.

Is there any general advice on the merits of going to 1.10 vs. 2.0 (from 1.8)?

                                                                thanks,
                                                                Noam

|U.S. NAVAL|
|_RESEARCH_|
LABORATORY
Noam Bernstein, Ph.D.
Center for Materials Physics and Technology
U.S. Naval Research Laboratory
T +1 202 404 8628  F +1 202 404 7546
https://www.nrl.navy.mil <https://www.nrl.navy.mil/>