Gilles,

Yes, I found that definition about 5 minutes after I posted the question. Thanks for the response.

Tom

On 03/22/2017 03:47 PM, Gilles Gouaillardet wrote:
Tom,

what if you use
type(mpi_datatype) :: mpiint

Cheers,

Gilles

On Thursday, March 23, 2017, Tom Rosmond <rosm...@reachone.com <mailto:rosm...@reachone.com>> wrote:

    Hello;

    I am converting some fortran 90/95 programs from the 'mpif.h'
    include file to the 'mpi_f08' model and have encountered a
    problem. Here is a simple test program that demonstrates it:

    __________________________________________________________________________-

          program testf08
    !
          use mpi_f08 !! F008

          implicit none

          type(mpi_comm) :: mpicomm   ! F08
    !     type(mpi_xxx) :: mpiint ! F08
          integer :: mpiint
          integer myrank,nproc,ierr

          mpicomm= mpi_comm_world
          mpiint= mpi_integer

          call MPI_Init(ierr)
          call MPI_Comm_rank(mpicomm,myrank,ierr)
          call MPI_Comm_size(mpicomm,nproc,ierr)
    !
          call mpi_finalize(ierr)
          end

    Compilation fails with this error:

    testf08.f90(13): error #6303: The assignment operation or the
    binary expression operation is invalid for the data types of the
    two operands.   [MPI_INTEGER]
          mpiint= mpi_integer

    Clearly I need something like the commented line with the 'xxx'
    string as an analog to the typing of 'mpicomm' above it.  So, what
    is needed in place of 'xxx'?  The naive choice 'type(mpi_integer)'
    isn't correct.

    I am using OPENMPI 2.0.1 with Intel IFORT 12.0.3.174.

    T. Rosmond