Gilles,

The library I have having issues linking is ESMF and it is a C++/Fortran
application. From
http://www.earthsystemmodeling.org/esmf_releases/non_public/ESMF_7_0_0/ESMF_usrdoc/node9.html#SECTION00092000000000000000
:

The following compilers and utilities *are required* for compiling, linking
> and testing the ESMF software:
> Fortran90 (or later) compiler;
> C++ compiler;
> MPI implementation compatible with the above compilers (but see below);
> GNU's gcc compiler - for a standard cpp preprocessor implementation;
> GNU make;
> Perl - for running test scripts.

(Emphasis mine)

This is why I am concerned. For now, I'll build Open MPI with the (possibly
useless) C++ support for PGI and move on to the Fortran issue (which I'll
detail in another email).

But, as I *need* ESMF for my application, it would be good to get an mpicxx
that I can have confidence in with PGI.

Matt

Matt Thompson

Man Among Men