Allan,

- on which node is mpirun invoked ?

- are you running from a batch manager ?

- is there any firewall running on your nodes ?

- how many interfaces are part of bond0 ?

the error is likely occuring when wiring-up mpirun/orted

what if you

mpirun -np 2 --hostfile nodes --mca oob_tcp_if_include 192.168.1.0/24 --mca oob_base_verbose 100 true

then (if the previous command worked)

mpirun -np 12 --hostfile nodes --mca oob_tcp_if_include 192.168.1.0/24 --mca oob_base_verbose 100 true

and finally (if both previous commands worked)

mpirun -np 2 --hostfile nodes --mca oob_tcp_if_include 192.168.1.0/24 --mca oob_base_verbose 100 ring

Cheers,

Gilles