In any case, do you think that the time NOT spent on actual data
transmission can impact the total time of the broadcast especially when
there are so many groups that communicate (please refer to the numbers I
gave before if you want to get an idea).

Also, is there any way to quantify this impact i.e. to measure the time not
spent on actual data transmissions?

Kostas