Am 04.11.2017 um 00:05 schrieb r...@open-mpi.org:
> Yeah, there isn’t any way that is going to work in the 2.x series. I’m not
> sure it was ever fixed, but you might try the latest 3.0, the 3.1rc, and even
> master.
>
> The only methods that are known to work are:
>
> * connecting processes within the same mpirun - e.g., using comm_spawn

That is not an option for our application.

> * connecting processes across different mpiruns, with the ompi-server daemon
> as the rendezvous point
>
> The old command line method (i.e., what you are trying to use) hasn’t been
> much on the radar. I don’t know if someone else has picked it up or not...

What do you mean with "the old command line method".

Isn't the ompi-server just another means of exchanging port names, i.e. the
same I do using files?

In my understanding, using Publish_name and Lookup_name or exchanging the
information using files (or command line or stdin) shouldn't have any
impact on the connection (Connect / Accept) itself.

Best,
Florian